Please visit our updated National Grandparents Day Page.
Note: Please "click here" for resources and sign up for our "Love Notes" Newsletter, and enter our monthly drawing.
Explore our site!
Finding a Job
Gambling is a PROBLEM!
Family Friendly Sites
To spread the love and message of Jesus Christ in the nursing home environment, providing support and encouragement by regular visits by caring Christians.
To support other interested groups and churches in North Carolina with training, multimedia ministry materials, and assistance in recruiting volunteers.
To provide encouragement and support to those Individuals,Organized Ministries, Chaplains, Activities Directors, and Staff Members serving Christ in the Nursing Home Environment.
"We pray that something on these pages will be of benefit to you."
Faithful Friends Announcement
After 22 years of developing and managing faithfulfriends.org, Larry & Sandy Wasserman have decided to begin another chapter of life as they announce their retirement. We are all grateful to Larry and Sandy for their many years of faithfulness and sacrifice in resourcing nursing home missionaries across the country.
"We are very thankful to all those who gave us their support and prayers over the years. We are looking forward to the Lord's leading as we retire in Ocala, FL." ~ Larry & Sandy Wasserman
Along with this decision, Larry has asked God Cares Ministry to take on the responsibility of maintaining this website.
God Cares Ministry is a nursing home ministry that recruits, trains and supports Christians to share the love and word of God with nursing home residents. Our goal is that every church would adopt a care home in their community! For training, coaching and additional resources, please visit our site at www.GodCaresMinistry.com
We look forward to getting to know you, and learning how we can continue to serve and support you as you minister to "the least of these" in our nation's care homes. During this time of transition, we will continue the popular "Monthly Giveaway" at least through the end of the year. We are here to help you take your first (or next) steps in growing a fruitful ministry.
On a personal note, I would like to thank Larry and Sandy for their amazing dedication and contribution to the nursing home mission field. You have truly been "Faithful Friends" to those living in care homes, and those missionaries who share Christ's love with them. May God continue to bless and use you two as you begin this new chapter of your lives!
In Christ's service,
Chaplain Bill Goodrich
God Cares Ministry
Here is the program we used last week with three of our favorite devotionals.
Here is a new devotional by Marshall Poland we are using called "Kindness: A Fruit of the Spirit"We are using it this week with this Program.
Here is a new devotional we are using called "Bringing Comfort for the New Year."
We used it this week with this New Years Program. This might be a good way to kick off your ministry this year!
Here is a new program we have used in past visits. We are utilizing a devotional on "The Joy Story".
sign up to receive by email our free "Love Notes" Newsletter, which is hosted by MailChimp.
You may view our prior Newsletters and also sign up at this location. If you have previously signed up for the newsletter and did not receive the last monthly issue, please sign up again.
When you sign up for our newsletter, your name will be entered into our monthly drawing.
For our December drawing we offer, "God Cares For You" by Bill Goodrich; "Nursing Home Ministry-Where Hidden Treasures Are Found" by Bill Goodrich & Tom McCormick; "Sharing The Care" by Lyn & Bill Roche and "Coping With Caring" by Lyn Roche
Prior Winners of Monthly Drawings:
- November 2016 winner - Lisa Beck, Philadelphia, PA
- Pastor Karen Swain, Nursing Home Ministry, Jacksonville, FL September / October 2016
- Dwight Punch, Nursing Home Ministry, Hickory, NC - Summer 2016
- Joyce Williams, Hands of Christ Nursing Home Ministry, Kansas City, MO - May / June 2016
- Chaplain Jim Ferrell, Nursing Home / Hospice Chaplain, Circleville, OH - March / April 2016
- Tina Dorward, devotional ministry at Family Tree Residential's Harrison Home, Cedarburg, WI - January / February 2016
- Rev. Michael Ireland, Worship Service Assisted Living Facility, Chanhassen, MN - December 2015
- Judy Johns,Certified Lay Servant Gadsden UMC, Weekly Sunday School Class for Residents, Pensacola, FL - October / November 2015
- Patricia Hazell, Nursing Home Ministry, Calvary Christian Church, Lynnfield, MA - August / September 2015
- Chaplain Paula Farley, Hospice Chaplain, Midwest City, OK - July 2015
- Cheri Hawthorne, Family Ministry, Hartville, OH- May / June 2015
- Rev. Arthur Bowman, Senior Adult Pastor, Fort Scott Nazerene, Fort Scott, KS - April 2015
- Barbara Osburne, Assisted Living Bible Study, Wake Forest, NC - February / March 2015
- Ken and Dana Wade, Family Musical Ministry, Lexington, KY - January 2015
- Pastor Mary Ayodele, Nursing Home Ministry, Humble, TX - December 2014
- Chaplain Jim Ferrell, Chaplain Services at care center facilities, Circleville OH - October / November 2014
- Blayne Overman, Assisted Living / Nursing Home Ministry in Siler City, NC, Ramseur, NC - August / September 2014
- Allison Bialuk, nursing home ministries, Delta, OH - June / July 2014
- Lori Bock, new minstry at local nursing homes, Placerville, CA - May 2014
- Lori Whalen, Student Seton Hill University / Ministry at several senior care facilities, Greensburg, PA - April 2014
- Shirley Green, Pastoral Care Worker / Chaplain, Uniting Care Ageing, Cronulla, Australia - March 2014
- Matt Wilson, Wilson Family Ministry to Friends in Nursing Homes, Sandusky, OH - January / February 2014
- K. Hotmire, Nursing Home Bible Study, Midwest - November / December 2013
- Rev. Lloyd Haskett, Sr., Brotherly Love Ministries, Vienna, GA - October 2013
- La Vonne Greguska, Bible Study at Springbrook Assisted Living, Stoddard, WI - August / September 2013
- Cindy Cox, Nursing Home Ministry, Immanuel Baptist Church, Blackwell, OK - June / July 2013
- Glenda Dougharty, Nursing Home Ministry, Pearland, TX - May 2013
- Nikki Rushing, New Nursing Home Ministry, Yucca Valley, CA - March/April 2013
- Marie Clark, Convalescent Ministry Team, San Diego, CA - February 2013
- Katherine Van Liew, Seniors Ministry, Birmingham, AL - January 2013
- Sharon Schaefer, Women's Group,New Burlington Church of Christ, Cincinnati, OH - December 2012
- Joe Long, Matt 25:31-46 Ministries, Fireside Church, Gainesville, VA - October / November 2012
- Tricia Fee, Life Enrichment Director, Wheat State Manor , Whitewater, KS - September 2012
- Kathleen Shuck, Chaplain, Lutheran Memorial Home, Sandusky, OH - July / August 2012
- Kitty Weber, Parish Nurse, St. Pauls Lutheran, Aurora, IL - May / June 2012
- Tommi Nicole Lawing, Nursing Home Ministry, Charlotte, NC - April 2012
- Sue Zapata, Foley Assembly of God Nursing Home Ministry, Foley, AL - March 2012
- Janice Carson, "Caring Hearts Ministry", Mabank, TX - February 2012
- Nancy Johnson, "Candles in the Darkness" Ministry, Parker, CO - January 2012
Here the "prior winners" from previous drawings. to make available for FREE on our web site her top selling CD "Heavenly Assurance". On this CD Diana sings reassuring hymns with a gentle harp background. She also includes scripture with embedded prayers. You may download this CD for FREE at our Download Web Page. We pray that it may be a blessing to both you and the residents you serve. You can purchase other products from Musical Medicine at the CD Baby Website.
In an attempt to make resources easier to find on our site, please use the search engine below to locate a specific item. Enter the search information in the box and click on "Find" to search our site. Then click on the page desired or click on the "Back" button on your browser to return to our site.
Check out these new resources:
We have just updated our Hymn Based Sermonette Page. Try it for help with your next presentation.
- Print out this Guidelines for Care Facility Visitation by Jerry Johnson of Christian Concourse.
- There is a new devotional book by Chaplain Bill Goodrich of God Cares Ministry called "God Cares for You". This is a devotional specifically intended for nursing home residents. It was written to address the spiritual and emotional issues and concerns facing the majority of nursing home residents. It is large-print, spiral bound and contains seven conversational messages with Scripture, color photographs, and prayers. More information is found at this link.
- Devotional Jokes and Stories from Robby's Hobbies Website. Very Helpful and Extensive Resource.
- Twelve Promises of God
- Ten Lessons from the Bible & Life
- Friendship in the Bible
- The Prayer of St. Richard of Chichester
- "What the Bible Says About Aging"
- "Foot Prints in the Sand"
- "The Incomparable Christ
Here are some devotionals based on the 23rd Psalm:
We have been given permission by Rev. Diana McMahan of Musical Medicine
Here are some suggestions for getting the most from our Faithful Friends Web Site in 2016
- Check out our Our 25 Most visited Pages Ever.
- Enter our Monthly Drawing for Resources- Just above on page.
- Sign up for our Monthly "Love Notes Newsletter". If you have previously signed up and did not receive last month's "Love Notes", please sign up again.
- Use our Hymn Based Sermonette Page for your next message.
- Take look at our Recuriting Web Page specifically designed to help you grow your ministry.
- Make a purposeful effort at Soul Winning by using resources on our Evangelism Web Page. Print out the resources, hand them out, and watch "all Heaven break loose!"
- Try using our web site Search Engine to find resources you are looking for.
- Use our "Contact Us" Page for your special requests and to inform us of your activities and new resources.
- Visit the web site of the Christian Fellowship of Care Center Ministries, in which we are a participant. Contact any members that are in your region for help and support.
We have just updated our web page for the Zondervan Seniors' Devotional Bible including current sources of supply and some Sample Devotionals. We have found this Bible useful for a Bible Study, One-on-One Ministry, and for sources for a short devotional or sermonette.
Check out these Training Resources!
This site created by Faithful Friends Nursing Home Ministry, Inc.